I am quite flattered to have received a Stylish Blogger Award from Mr. Bluehaunt the author of the always fascinating and stylish blog The Haunted Lamp. Thank you Mr. Bluehaunt! It is great to know that my words and pictures are not just falling unnoticed into the void.
-As part of the award, I am to name 5 other bloggers who I consider stylish. Here they are in no particular order:
The Haunted Lamp- an eclectic and well-chosen collection of always intriguing objects and ephemera.
Babylon Baroque- a blog “devoted to that most maligned art, ornament”. It is a rich treasury of gorgeous images and thoughtful commentary.
Porcelains and Peacocks- always interesting posts on interior design, decorative and fine arts.
Chinoiserie Chic- gorgeous photographs of Chinoiserie inspired objects and interior design.
Outright Ingrate- stylish, acerbic and witty look at the joys and horrors of everyday life.
-Also as part of the award, I am to tell seven things about myself:
2. Sometimes I feel like Miss Havisham from Great Expectations with my wedding cake rotting in the next room.
3. My greatest joy is my goddaughter N____.
5. When I was in my late 20’s and 30’s I used to be a nightlife denizen at such magical and queer places as SqueezeBox and Foxy.
6. For the last 18 years I have struggled with varying degrees of depression and anxiety, but luckily now I am feeling content.
7. Whenever I get a fountain soda and the plastic cover has those dimples "cola" "diet" "other" I always depress the "other" dimple and it makes me smile every time.